Here are top mistakes to avoid if you're looking to submit guest post articles to top blogs in exchange for publicity and free backlinks.
If this sounds like you, you’re doing it wrong:
- You spam bloggers and website publishers, even those who do not accept guest posts.
- You don't research the blogs you're pitching to find out the topics that they are most interested in publishing as guest posts.
- You propose generic, self-promotional articles that offer little value to their audiences.
- You offer just one cookie-cutter article and refuse to adapt your content to the interests of the blogs you are pitching.
- You fill your articles full of self-serving links.
- You write like a boring, old-fashioned corporate marketer - blah, blah, blah, buy my stuff...
- You don't include interesting graphics or images to accompany your guest post offers. (Or the images you offer are not legally licensed.)
- You hound blogger/publishers if they don’t reply, and continue to bother them, even if they refuse your guest post politely.
- You repeatedly pitch articles about the same topic or product, even if they have published a blog post about that for you previously.
- You don't politely and professionally follow-up on the guest posts pitches you submit.
- You stop researching new blogs and websites to submit your guest articles to.
- You forget to say "thank you" to any blog that publishes your guest posts.
- You forget to say thank you also by publicly sharing your new guest post link widely on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and anywhere that can help that blog receive more traffic.
- You forget to return the favor of getting your guest blog post published by offering helpful links and favors in return.
How to guest post? Don't do any of this stuff!
If you are having trouble submitting your guest posts as free content to top blogs, look at the list above.
How many of these complaints are you guilty of?
Bloggers and website publishers: what did we miss? What else bothers you about the guest post pitches that you receive?
These tips are courtesy of GuestPostArticles.com.
We're a free guest posting service that matches marketers and writers who want to publish their guest posts online with bloggers and publishers who want to request free articles to post on their sites.
Thanks for visiting us today!
Want more smart tips about How to Guest Post successfully? Try these free articles:
- NEW Step by Step Guest Blogging Plan to Get Backlinks
- How to Get Backlinks by Guest Posting Today
- How to Find Free Articles for Your Blog [UPDATED!]
- How to Guest Post on Blogs