"Backlinks" are links back to your website from the websites or blogs that publish your guest post articles.
These backlinks are valuable because they demonstrate to Google and the other search engines that your website is an authority on your chosen topic.
If you can get highly ranked blogs to accept your guest posts, usually those posts will allow a few backlinks that carry "Google juice" back to your site.
Google juice like this can help transmit the authority of the publishing site back to your site in the eyes of Google's search engine optimization.
In plain English, that means your website’s ranking in the search results can go UP if you find places to guest post that will link back to you when they publish your articles. That increase in rankings can help you attract more traffic, beat your competition, and increase your sales and sign-ups.
Here are some tips that can help you to get backlinks:
- Find blogs that reach your target audience. Spend some time on Google to see who is already publishing articles like the ones you would like to have posted. Look at your competitors also to see which sites are linking back to them. [Do a Google search on "how to find competitors backlinks" to learn how to do this easily.]
- Don't write the articles until you have interest from someone to publish them. Instead, try submitting several catchy article titles at the same time first. If your proposed guest posts are all clustered around the same topic, then the blogger or website owner can tell you which one interests him/her the most.
- Include attractive graphics. Pretty pictures will help attract attention, clicks, and shares for your guest posts. That's just what both you and the website owner want, right?
- Be conservative with your links. Neither the blog publisher nor Google nor readers want to read keyword-stuffed linkbait articles. Write quality text with an appropriate, gentle amount of linking.
- Follow up on your successes. If you find what's working, propose similar articles to other webistes and also offer follow-up pieces on the same themes to the sites that published you first.
- Try our free service here at http://www.GuestPostArticles.com. With this quick form here you can offer your own posts to blogs who are looking for free articles. You can request specific articles here to publish on your own blog. And you can sign up for our free guest posting service emails here.
What tips do you have for getting backlinks from Guest Posts?
Thanks for visiting us today!
Want more smart tips about How to Guest Post successfully? Try these free articles:
- NEW Step by Step Guest Blogging Plan to Get Backlinks
- How to FAIL at Guest Posting
- How to Find Free Articles for Your Blog [UPDATED!]
- How to Guest Post on Blogs