Interested in learning how to guest post?
Guest posting on blogs can be a great marketing strategy. It can help raise awareness of your products, services, book, or personal reputation, and it also can help you build valuable backlinks to your website.
How to Start as a Guest Poster:
- Identify blogs in your niche: if you know who your target audience is, do some research online to find out what blogs they read.
- Get to know the best blogs in your market place (and the bloggers behind them): if you're going to ask any blog to share your guest post or article with their audience, it will help a lot if they already know and like you. This means reading their blog regularly, posting helpful comments, and establishing credibility with the publisher before you ask for a guest post opportunity.
- Submit solid articles that fill a need: after you have familiarized yourself with the content and style of the blogs on which you'd like to guest post, you should be able to identify the types of topics that they prefer to publish. If you submit a guest post offer about a topic that their audience loves, that will greatly help you get your article published (and the SEO backlinks you are probably seeking).
- Follow-up with gratitude: Be sure to thank the site owner or blog owner who published your article. Any popular blog or website gets lots of free guest post submissions, so if s/he chose yours to publish be appreciative. Thank yous also give you a chance to follow-up and cement your relationship, hopefully leading to further cross-promotional or guest posting opportunities together in the future.
- Don’t forget the social media promotion! If you've gone to all the trouble to get a great guest post published on a highly trafficked blog, you should make the most of it. So, be sure to promote your new guest post like crazy. If you wanted to get backlinks to help your search engine ranking, now is your chance! Share your new guest post far and wide using Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and even your own e-mail lists. The more buzz you can create about your article, the more traffic the blog owner will receive. That helps improve the chances that they'll allow you to submit another guest post (and get you even more backlinks and attention).
- Keep posting: Just one guest post is not going to make much of a difference in today's crowded online marketplace, even if its on the New York Times website or the top blog in your field. Instead, you should plan a series of guest posts on a variety of different sites. There is a cumulative effect from repeated guest posting. In other words it may take a while to pay off, but after multiple guest posts are posted online, their collective publicity and backlink impact can accumulate to really help attract traffic and sales for you for the longer term.
This easy guest posting plan should help you get started as a guest blogger today.
Our other #1 suggestion? Sign up here for the free emails from GuestPostArticles.com.
The free emails from our guest posting service will deliver new offers of free article content and requests for guest posts directly to your inbox.
PRO TIP: If you’re a blogger looking for articles about something specific, post a Guest Blog Post Request here.
And, if you’re a product marketer looking for places to submit guest posts, you can offer your guest posts to our worldwide audience by submitting your Guest Post Offers here.
Making guest posting easier for you is our goal!
Thanks for visiting us today.
Want more smart tips about How to Guest Post successfully? Try these free articles:
- NEW Step by Step Guest Blogging Plan to Get Backlinks
- How to Get Backlinks by Guest Posting Today
- How to FAIL at Guest Posting
- How to Find Free Articles for Your Blog [UPDATED!]