Follow these steps and you will be able to submit guest posts to top blogs and get backlinks that will increase your website’s search engine ranking.
- How to find blogs that will accept your guest posts: pick the top keywords associated with your website content or products that you want to promote online.
- Type into Google these keywords plus the word "blog".
- Examine the search results to see if any of those blogs accept guest posts. Often this can be discovered by looking for phrases like "submit guest posts", "guest posting with us", "guest poster guidelines", etc.
- From the many blogs and websites that you research, that accept guest posts, develop a list of your top 10 ideal places to place your blog posts.
- Prepare a guest post request pitch e-mail that includes:
- An interesting subject line to help encourage the blogger or site publisher to open the e-mail.
- A friendly, personalized introduction to you and your proposed topics. You want to demonstrate that you are familiar with their blog content, and that you are friendly and easy to work with, too.
- A short list of several possible subject lines and topics is a great idea, too. Offer a bulleted list of 3-5 topics with catchy titles. That will encourage the decision-maker to choose between the several good options you have offered instead of simply deciding to delete your guest posting offer.
- A quick summary of why you think your article would make a good guest post for them. (Hint: discuss this in terms of the benefits to their audience of readers and the potential increase in traffic your guest post could bring to their site.)
- An offer to promote the guest posts that they accept widely in all your social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, etc.) after they publish your guest post. LINK this to other pitch advice article
- Follow the instructions that those 10 websites provide to send a guest post pitch by e-mail to each of your targeted blogs or website publications.
- For the blogs or websites that do not respond immediately to your offer of a guest post, send a follow-up e-mail after 7-10 days. You don't need to repeat your full e-mail, just include your previous pitch and a short re--introduction at the top "reminding" them of your friendly guest post offer and its benefits. (Hint: one way to increase the opens of your guest post pitch e-mails is to "reply all" to the first introductory pitch that you sent them the previous week. That way the subject line will start with "RE:" so that it looks like you are just following up on an already established conversation and relationship.)
- For those websites that respond positively, follow-up appropriately (and gratefully!). Confirm the details of the title or topics that they are most interested in. Double check also the guidelines for delivery of the guest post. For example, should it be in HTML or plain text, should it include graphics or not, how many backlinks or affiliate links can it include, and what format should you use for the biography section that promotes you and your website at the bottom.
- After your guest post is published, check the new article for any typos and your new backlinks. Comment on the article publicly to thank the publisher. Then, be sure to spread your new guest post around it social media as widely and as often as you can. Every mention, share, comment, or page view that the new guest post receives will be appreciated by the blogger who accepted your guest post, and will help build your publicity profile and get you more backlinks, too.
- Create a schedule for yourself to keep at it. Use the process above to find more blogs that accept guest posts. As you move forward. Keep pitching, writing, and following up. Over time, hopefully, you can build a distributed set of backlinks and promotional articles across the web. Invest a consistent amount of time in guest posting each week, and these links, mentions, and shares can add up to make guest posting a successful marketing strategy for you, too.
What do you think of this 10 Step Plan for getting blog posts published and getting backlinks online?
What did we miss in this list of tips for guest bloggers?
What strategies do you think are outdated or are more relevant than the ones we mentioned above?
Let us know what you think and how we can help!
And, don't forget about our easy-to-use Guest Blogging Service.
If you're a blogger, you can request specific articles here to publish on your own blog.
With this quick form here you can offer your own posts to blogs who are looking for free articles.
And you can sign up for our free guest posting service emails here for lists of the latest guest post opportunities delivered right to your email inbox!
Want more smart tips about How to Guest Post successfully? Try these free articles:
- How to Get Backlinks by Guest Posting Today
- How to FAIL at Guest Posting
- How to Find Free Articles for Your Blog [UPDATED!]
- How to Guest Post on Blogs